500 g penne
10 ml cooking oil
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 medium aubergine, cut into cubes
1 punnet small white mushrooms
200 g whole cherry tomatoes
6 piquant peppers (Peppadews®)
10 ml crushed garlic
45 ml olive oil
grated rind of 1 lemon
15 ml lemon juice
10 ml freshly ground black pepper
5 ml peri-peri powder
salt to taste
10 sage leaves
4 rounds feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 220 °C.
- Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet till al dente.
- Drain, toss in 10 ml oil and keep aside in a warming dish.
- Toss all remaining ingredients, except sage leaves and feta cheese, together in a large bowl.
- Place vegetable mixture on a large oven tray and roast in oven for 12 minutes.
- Turn heat setting to grill and grill vegetables till golden.
- Remove tray from oven and toss sage leaves and pasta into vegetables.
- Turn heat down to 100 °C, sprinkle feta over vegetables and bake for 3–5 minutes.
- To grill feta cheese, open oven door slightly and turn heat setting to grill, taking care not to burn pasta bake.
- Serve with a salad of choice.
Serves 6 to 8