60 ml melted butter
10 ml paprika
5 ml peri-peri powder
15 ml lemon and garlic spice
10 ml freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
12 rib chops, rinsed and patted dry
15 ml olive oil
15 ml butter
1 large red onion, sliced into rings
grated rind of 1 lemon
60 ml balsamic vinegar
60 ml Worcestershire sauce
60 ml honey
30 ml brown sugar
100 ml fruit chutney
30 ml crushed garlic
3 fresh green chillies, chopped
30 ml sesame seeds
- Mix butter, all the spices, pepper and salt with the chops and chill in refrigerator for a few hours.
- Coat a griddle pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Fry chops on both sides till browned and cooked.
- Press chops down in pan to get griddle lines on both sides.
- Remove from pan and place in a casserole dish.
- Continue till all chops are done. Keep warm.
- Heat oil and butter in a medium pot and sauté onion till soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add 100 ml water and remaining ingredients and bring to a fast boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5–7 minutes or till sauce thickens and becomes sticky.
- Pour sticky sauce over chops and serve with mashed potato or flavoured pasta.
Serves 4 to 6